I was drawn to this book by the dish on the cover – Radishes a la Creme.
The books is from the US I think as they refer to Scallions (Spring Onions), Beets (beetroot) and everything is in imperial and cups. Not that this matters at all. Everyone should have cups and imperial measures anyway!
I’ve shortlisted these recipes from the book as ones I’d like to make:
- Gorgonzola and Walnut Crostini
- Cucumber Spears with Dill
- Moroccan Carrots
- Radishes a la Creme
- Polenta ‘Pizza’ with Crumbled Sage
- Red Beet salad
- Seaweed Salad with Sesame Dressing
- Quick Scallion Kimchee
- Save Your Life Garlic Soup
- Egyptian Breakfast Beans
- South Indian Cabbage with Black Mustard Seeds
- Just Wilted Arugula
- Steamed Asian Greens
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- Swiss Chard Al Forno
- Scorched Sweet Potatoes and Onions
- Parsley Salad
- Sweet and Salty Nut Brittle
I expect to make at least half of these in the coming weeks. The seaweed salad appealed to me the most but required me to find a specialist ingredient supplier. Try souschef.co.uk for anything you can’t find in your regular online supermarket. I found all sorts on there!